At first glance the green PrimePlus at Muller Martini’s drupa stand in Düsseldorf looks out of place among the other laser blue systems. Yet the saddle stitcher from 2006 quickly became a major draw. Experts from Muller Martini are using the six-year-old PrimaPlus to demonstrate live by means of various service modules how a saddle stitcher can be analyzed and have its potential for optimization pinpointed.
Experts from Muller Martini are using the six-year-old PrimaPlus to demonstrate live by means of various service modules how a saddle stitcher can be analyzed and have its potential for optimization pinpointed.
“Visitors are very interested and very enthusiastic,” says Patrick Treyer, MMServices Program Manager in Muller Martini’s Global Services & Marketing division, with satisfaction. Wolfgang Kurz, Project Manager at Muller Martini Germany seconds that: “We have really struck home with this professional service presentation. This is how to sell service solutions: in a hands-on way using specific customer demos.”
Both customers’ interest and the number of service contracts signed have exceeded expectations. What is more, most of the contracts were concluded spontaneously. “Customers have been so impressed by what they can get out of their existing machines that they have chosen right there and then to purchase a service solution from us at our stand,” say Patrick Treyer and Wolfgang Kurz.
Wolfgang Kurz has sold over 20 MMInspect contracts to German customers at drupa. The module covers the preventive Muller Martini inspection service, which is designed to analyze the state of equipment as well as its optimization potential in terms of production security, productivity and production options. MMUptodate, whereby regular updates prolong the life span of the machines and ensure that their high performance characteristics are maintained for many years, has also proven a hit with customers. The ridge caliper (simpler operation) and the infeed of the three-knife trimmer (increase on product quality) of saddle stitchers have been particularly sought after.
Wide Range of Service Options
MMServices from Muller Martini comprises seven modules:
- MMStartup: Experienced specialists plan and direct new investments such as the restructuring or expansion of a plant. Service professionals ensure that commissioning is executed rapidly and that the equipment has a high level of processing reliability.
- MMRepair: Since even the best equipment can fail occasionally, highly qualified service engineers are on hand quickly to provide expert assistance. Original spare parts ensure uninterrupted, high-quality production.
- MMRemote: Customers can choose between three flexibly expandable modules according to their needs: MMHelp (24/7 support), MMRemote Access (online analysis, 24/7 support), MMRemote Online (telephone conference, webcam, online analysis, 24/7 support).
- MMUptodate: Regular upgrades and updates prolong the life span of the machines and ensure that they maintain their high performance for many years.
- MMImprove: Experienced Muller Martini experts provide operating personnel with a host of tips and tricks as well as in-depth know-how.
- MMSelect: With a service contract customers benefit from a comprehensive and expert Muller Martini service program.