In mid-August, Felix Stirnimann showed you in his blog how Smart Services are becoming increasingly important in the graphic arts industry in the wake of Industry 4.0, Finishing 4.0 and Smart Factory. Customers and Muller Martini have been meeting for several years on the now cloud-based Muller Martini customer portal MPOWER, which is installed free of charge with every new machine. With Connex Info Cloud, MPOWER includes a new module that enables you to produce your print products even more (cost) efficiently. In this blog, I would like to show you how you can specifically analyze your production with Connex Info Cloud, identify optimization potential for your production and increase your planning reliability.
The production of magazines, brochures and books is becoming increasingly complex – even more so in digital printing. Jobs have to be produced faster, in smaller quantities and not infrequently with a run length of 1. It is therefore important to know where which job is currently produced, how much has been produced and what the idle times, make-ready times or stop times are. After all, the optimization potential can only be found by means of reliable and automatically generated data. However, because data evaluations are becoming more and more complex, the analysis of orders requires (valuable) time and (expensive) resources.
And that's where our Connex Info Cloud comes in as an important element of Smart Services – with access to your production data stored in the cloud via Internet access (using a PC, tablet or smartphone). It reduces your costs and increases your productivity. In a nutshell, Connex Info Cloud, which can integrate all Muller Martini and third-party systems, is a tool for comprehensive reporting of your production, consisting of three modules.
Module 1: Dashboard
This module allows you to evaluate production data live – information about the current job the machine status, production speed, job quantity and scrap quantity. A wide range of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) – such as average cycle rate, production performance and machine availability percentage – are displayed on tiles that can be freely configured, customized and clearly arranged according to size, position and ratio. The dashboard is customizable and able to display relevant data for each user. Irrelevant data can simply be hidden.
Module 2: Analytics
- Your benefits: with a variety of key figures, you have an accurate picture of ongoing production in clear graphics in the shortest possible time. The data is displayed in real time. You can quickly find malfunctions and stops. You always have up-to-date KPIs, and you are informed about every production at all times. Individual machines and their status can be displayed just as the status of multiple machines.
This module offers a targeted evaluation of the data according to individually configurable filter options and makes it possible to analyze the data in detail over a definable period of time and identify optimization opportunities. The time span can be freely selected and the selection of a machine, job or shift can be refined. From this, targeted measures can be derived to increase the production flow.
Module 3: Reporting
- Your benefits: you have a filter that can be set according to parameters such as time or job to limit the amount of data. Filtering can be done by means of production, orders, time or per job. You can save the filter setting. Possible sources of error can be easily identified. Thanks to the analysis key figures it is possible to find optimization potentials in processes and production.
This module provides accurate data on production with bar and pie charts. Reports on lines, time and jobs can be generated easily and the desired reports can be created using filters.
- Your benefits: all key figure reports appear clearly in a PDF. Subscribed reports can be received by e-mail at defined intervals or, if required, created directly on the reporting page and downloaded conveniently. The reports are based on a production resource (daily report/weekly report) or order (start to finish).
Customizable to each client, Connex Info Cloud is a modular system. You can install all three modules together or only one or two. Of course, you only pay for those modules that you really need.
What other advantages does Connex Info Cloud offer you?
- Always up-to-date: thanks to the cloud, the software is always up-to-date (no more outdated hardware).
- Available everywhere and always: Connex Info Cloud modules are available online everywhere and around the clock. Whether in the office or in the home office, even on the PC, tablet or cell phone – you always have an overview of the latest evaluations in your company.
- Easy installation: this is done remotely without the need for a service technician.
- Regular updates: new releases are installed directly in the cloud, so the latest status is always guaranteed without extended downtimes.
- MIS interface: with the MLINK, each customer also receives a direct interface to their own Management Information System (MIS) and can thus load the production data as JMF into their own system. All info goes from the machine to the cloud and directly into the MIS.
- User-friendliness: the intuitive system enables quick analysis options that can be customized by the customer himself as needed.
- High security standard: Connex Info Cloud is hosted in Switzerland by Aveniq, a company belonging to the Muller Martini Group. Customers can only access their own production data – the security and confidentiality of the data is guaranteed by Muller Martini.
Do you have any questions about Connex Info Cloud? Don't hesitate to contact me
– I'll be happy to show you that Connex Info Cloud is a worthwhile investment!
Product Manager Connex, Muller Martini